Monday, June 30, 2008

breaking all my crayons .......

.............. the last two weeks i have been down in the basement of my soul.... cleaning out all kinds of boxes. boxes stuff full of papers i never even read before.

and you know those back corners of the closet.... behind the boxes of shoes, behind the rod of clothes... the place where you find safey pins and lost bras. yeah.... i went there too. found all kinds of lost pieces of time.... places in my memory that were lost when the moon went down.

dragging it up and airing it out. washing and hanging it out in the sunshine on the line.....

and now.
now.

i know myself better than before.
i know pieces of my life that can only be looked at in retrospect, with
magnifying 3-d glasses.

and now.
umm.... i am so amused.
so crazy happy
that i am listening to the music as loud as the speakers will let me
and coloring with my permanent markers..... all outside the lines you know.
messy
breaking all the rules
and breaking crayons in half ... twice.

i'm going crazy happy.
now.

sitting on top of the world, feet dangling over the edge. and from up here it all makes perfect sense.