Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Trusting the Process

I was drinking my morning coffee in the bathtub this morning... (morning bubble baths are so different than evening ones.. a whole different mood and thought process is followed) Anyway... it was morning sunshine and visions of how my day might unfold...
and I was noticing that as much as I am relaxing into this creative sabbatical in my life, as much as I am enjoying it and riding a wave that is effortlessly carrying me along.... I still have to focus on trusting the process.
I used to be more comfortable trusting hard work to get me somewhere. I was used to setting deadlines for myself and pushing myself to accomplish things more quickly.
Now I am teetering. Transitioning from one way of being into another way of being is not one distinct step in most cases. this has been a process of accepting more relaxation and pleasure into my life. this has been a process of observing myself riding the wave effortlessly and easily. there's an ocean of life under me.. and its moving me across miles of water while i am resting. while i am dreaming. while i am trusting.

again i am grateful