Saturday, May 31, 2008

synthesize

Synthesize - this word means to put something together, to make something out of different parts. If you stitched a quilt together from different scraps of cloth, or built a car out of parts from a junkyard, you would be synthesizing. In chemistry, synthesizing means putting together new molecules. The act of synthesizing is called synthesis.

Even though we often use the word "synthetic" to describe human-made materials, synthesis also happens in nature. When the body makes molecules of DNA or proteins, we say the body is synthesizing these molecules.

*********internet definition******

The last week or so has been very interesting. I have been very weak physically. moving slow as if my mind wants every ounce of my energy to process information... or maybe its another part of my being that is in overdrive.

my brain feels like it is defragmenting the hard drive. I am SYNTHESIZING information and creating a new map of creation within my being.

I have been laying on the couch, or the porch, or in the bed a lot this past week. I read, nap, take notes... get up planning to do something, and then fall back into the same heap of concentration all over again. lots of synthesis going on...